The current mood of The Great White Nothing

31 uses for cork grease and counting. . .


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from goldfinger288.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

4 Robots and a Wedding

The title doesn't really make sense, but its value as a pun overcame the inconsistency. Today was robotics, yeah. I know it sounds kinda geeky, but i really don't know much about engineering, so I just do the other stuff like notebook, spirit, t-shirts, and fundraising. I went to the competition with my saxophone so we could play some piddling songs to show some support. I was a part of oral presentation, and our team would have done well if the judges had conducted the event properly. We were supposed to act as if we were selling the robot to a company, and the judges asked us questions as if we were just a school there competing and about how our design effected the competition. In addition, some people studdered a lot during the presentation, so that couldn't have helped us. All in all, we got third--not too shabby considering the fact that last year we got 20th out of 13-(not literally, I'm being sarcastic, it's hard to show inflection while typing. After the competition I went to Tiffany Wood's sister's wedding with Jenny. On the way we listened to the soundtrack from the musical Wicked and I had it stuck in my head the next few days--it sounds like a quality production. The wedding was nice. It was in a tiny abby--there was an amazing amount of music. Afterwards, we went to the reception. There was barbeque and cake--it was really good--especially the cake--they made it themselves. However, everyone got sick and they thought it was the food, but it turns out it might not have been, but it was still funny. I got back to Jenny's and we started watching a movie and I was only supposed to stay until like 10 and it was around 9. I ended up falling asleep and had to sneak out of her house around 12:30 at night. I was scared cuz I thought the alarm might go off or something, but I made it out unscathed. On Sunday I went to La Hacienda Ranch quite unexpectedly with Parris, it was fun, but I think her mom was annoyed with me. Her mom looks just like Caroline off the Apprentice, it freaks me out. There family is nice, though. I am reading the DaVinci code-it is the most addicting book of our time, I'm lucky I have time for anything else. Its the newest addition to Andrew's Book Club--You will buy it today (small Aladdin reference there if anyone is obsessed like me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post Crap