The current mood of The Great White Nothing

31 uses for cork grease and counting. . .


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from goldfinger288.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Cognition

Have you ever been somewhere and seen something that just took you back so instantly to a moment in your past that it was almost unbearable?
This weekend, I was driving by the mall, where I passed Haverty's, and, while this may seem uneventful in the eyes of many, it was enough to cause me to experience a strange sentiment for the past. Maybe it was the fact that I had just finished an interview for college, or perhaps it was my solitude at the time that caused me such a sudden turn in emotion. Whilst depressively jumping into a new life chapter, I can and do find humorous comfort in that fact that everyone is accepted at Haverty's.
If you don't get that joke, then it is not meant for you to get...

Thinking about the mind started me pondering on brainwashing and imprinting, dependencies and other learned behaviors. It is amazing how people respond to certain stimuli, as students to a bell or a marching band to a call to attention. In this particular instance, I speak about a phone. I have gotten so used to the ring of my phone that it can be in another room and it can still wake me up in the morning; my body is so trained to answer. My body is so trained that it almost needs the ring as some sort of catharsis. Sometimes I just want to hear my phone to know that I still matter to some people. My phone lies silent, I know I've lost, I never could win.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nanashi Lunam Tenshi said...

hey I posted

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post Crap