The current mood of The Great White Nothing

31 uses for cork grease and counting. . .


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from goldfinger288.

Friday, August 19, 2005

A Nice Poem...

....definitely not by Walt Whitman

To all of you strong-willed people out there.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever Gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried alould
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloodied but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how straight the gate,
How charged with punishemnts the
scroll
I am the Master of my Fate
And the Captian of my Soul

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Good poem. Who wrote it?

1:02 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

unfortunately, I have no idea

6:13 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I mean "me, of course." If anybody missed the sarcasm condensing on the iced tea glass that is this comment, I feel sorry for them.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post Crap