The current mood of The Great White Nothing

31 uses for cork grease and counting. . .


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from goldfinger288.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Popularity

The longer I am in band, the more I am convinced that it truely is the stereotypical social suicide that is portrayed by mass media (with the exception of a select few). Talking to Mrs. Hanke at the band party make me realize this fully.
I remember a time when I was the class favorite, played football, was on student council, went to most every party, and won virtually every election I ran in. Now, since learning I have narrowing of the spine, I no longer play football, am not class favorite, nor am I a member of the student council. However, I am in the band, and most of the parties I attend are either band related or with other members of the band. Even though there was overwhelming support for me to try out for the drill team (queue sarcastic look) , I don't thin keven that could help. I even see the drill team as socially closer to the band and the cheerleaders as socially closer to the football team. Sorry to the drill team because they were stuck with the band as their metaphorical lab partner is this experiment of life. Maybe this is why the drill team is no longer allowing band members (or anyone else, for that matter) to visit them in the stands at football games. It seems they are trying to rid themselves of our curse.
Speaking of curse, who wants to see Cursed when it comes out? And Constantine!
And remember, kids, everyone who graduates from the college of Cardinals gets to be Pope!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Wait a minute! You guys had parties?!? Why am I always the last to know? Oh well, I guess it's a little late for that now.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

They weren't so much actual parties as much as they were places were a bunch of people happened to show up and stand around looking confused.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post Crap