The current mood of The Great White Nothing

31 uses for cork grease and counting. . .


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from goldfinger288.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

CKCPBTB

There is a room,
inside is the grail.
I drink deep of it contents,
cool silver and pale.

I feel it inside me,
I’m standing so near.
A storm comes forth,
I recoil in fear.

I’m cast out of the room,
the iron falls down.
I’m out in the rain,
beginning to drown.

My head through a window,
I gasp for air
And I gaze in the room,
at the prize so fair.

The storm passes,
Back in I come
Only to find
my room come undone

The silver is tarnished,
But I don’t care,
The door off its hinges,
My mind in a snare.

I lift up the grail,
wish it were mine.
It crumbles in my hand,
blows away a dust so fine.

To others it spreads,
They take it with greed
I sit in the room,
bereft of my need.

To others it goes,
I clutch at ground
Thinking of the sweet elixir,
and the perfection I had found.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

you don't like it?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Ayatollah Mugsy said...

Your poetic talent clearly knows no bounds.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I didn't say I didn't like it. I was just wondering if there was anything behind it. (We're supposed to look for the meaning behind writing)
That and I was thinking about the post title.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Brian, so do you like it or not?

6:25 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I think it's good.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post Crap