The current mood of The Great White Nothing

31 uses for cork grease and counting. . .


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from goldfinger288.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

You were the one who introduced the bosoms, I was just asking if you'd like them to heave.

While millions of Harry Potter fans have finished their books and are now analyzing the sequence of names to break the nonexistant code of how the story is going to end up, I have just purchased my copy at the most ghetto Kroger in the world (that would be the one in Mckinney, for anyone that was thinking of the one in Malakoff {if there even is one there}). My dad got into a fight with the people @ Kroger over the price of Splenda, and I have officially disowned my family.

I don't regret not going to a release party, but if I had, I definately would've dressed up as Hedwig.

Other news: Cain is home, and Ruby Tuesday isn't tooooo bad of a restaurant.

I have miraculously survived another trip to the McKinney Movies 14. This will be the third time in a 5 week period that I have not only attended the theatre, but went with my family. I hope I don't get cancer from being around hordes of ugly people in a crappy movie theatre. I saw Wedding Crashers, and besides being mildly inappropriate to be viewed with my family, it was pretty funny. (the funniest parts where the ones with the crazy girl from the previews)

Nudity +++ (Maybe a little too much, there were quite a few exposed breasts as well as some very mild male showing of skin )

Children ++ (Funny, bratty rich kids, oh yes)

Asians + (talk of how the "rules" were bent for an Asian girl, thus showing their superiority)

Brits + (Wealthy new england families are close enough)

Crazies + (Crazy, old, swearing, shotgun toting women not to mention the weird, clingy girl with the maniacal laugh. Take my money, please!)

Detracting Points: Some of the subject matter made me slightly uncomfortable because I was sitting in between my parents as the grappled over popcorn.

Rating: 9.5, unless your with your parents and a really loud person in front of you who reminded you of the most stereotypical hillbilly, in which case it was a 7

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I finished at about 12:00 today, but I didn't get any sleep and went up to the band hall to see if anyone showed up for Tara's workouts. I'm a slow reader

10:23 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

We just got our copy today. That is to say Becky picked up "her copy" that "she" reserved at Barnes and Nobles. It was only in her name becuase it would be stupid to have a book reserved for "Christensen Family".
Anyway, I haven't even started it yet because I haven't finished re-reading Order of the Pheonix yet. I'm a slower reader than Andrew.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Of whom's bosoms are you speaking?

10:33 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Its a quote from "Alex & Emma", but I was referring to the bosoms in "Wedding Crashers"

1:56 AM  
Blogger Nanashi Lunam Tenshi said...

Movies 14 in Mckinney isn't so bad. I go there all the time....don't be mean to my theater.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post Crap