The current mood of The Great White Nothing

31 uses for cork grease and counting. . .


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from goldfinger288.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ice is back with my brand new invention

The longer I know my parents, the more it seems like we've never met, but that's beside the point. The point is that Texas Tech Band and Orchestra Camp rocks not only my socks off, but the socks of anyone in Texas and part of New Mexico. I won't bore with an excessively long post, but here goes the week:

Monday
  • met people from The Colony that were at the same Pirates 2 premier as us (they were the ones who stood up to cheer for the guy dressed up in the contest)
  • 10 arm circles
    common time pattern
  • Met Christopher M. Anderson-director of the Goin' Band from Raiderland and associate director of bands at TTU. He may just be the coolest person I have ever met (no joke), and on top of that, he gave every DM a free DVD of highlights from the 2005 marching season.
  • Met Phil and Aaron (last year's and this year's drum majors for band II respectively) and Scott (the director at Frenship)
  • ate every meal alone
  • didn't go to dance
  • thunderstorm

Tuesday
  • 20 arm circles
  • 3,4 pattern
  • met drum major team from Steele
  • ate breakfast and dinner alone
  • saw talent show!
  • thunderstorm

Wednesday
  • 30 arm circles
  • 2, 4 and 6, 8 pattern
  • met drum major team from Poteet, North Garland, Post, Sweetwater, Idalou, Argyle, and Abiliene-Wylie (including the only guy in all day color guard class)
  • got to eat dinner with some people
  • saw faculty fun band (they played rolling thunder)
  • caught in dust storm, so I went to dance

Thursday

  • 40 arm circles
  • saw awesome twirlers at assembly
  • Learned names: Jose, Brooke, Thi "Tea Bag", Ryan, Matt, and Zach
  • learn to conduct a routine and salute
  • ate breakfast, luch, and dinner with awesome people (stayed way too long at dinner)
  • loved camp

Friday

  • 50 arm circles
  • saw cool flag corps at assembly
  • conducted my evaluation
  • couldn't believe how awesome band camp had become, and was relieved to find awesome people
  • watched Phil and Aaron lose the the high school drum majors at volleyball
  • went to the symphony orchestra concert with people from Abiliene-Wiley

Saturday

  • hung out with my awesome drum majors
  • stayed way too long at lunch
  • put on my new Texas Tech shirt
  • flew back to Love Field with the drum majors from DFW (the descent into LUV was horrible and I thought I was going to die)
  • went to dinner with my Parris and my family at Half Shells in Legacy Town center. While waiting for a table we went into Merge, the coolest store that sells expensive jeans, in which the sales people thought I went to Texas Tech.

In closing, nothing even comes close to the experience of this camp. Everyone is so excited to be at TTU, and it almost makes you want to go there. While I don't plan on going to TTU, the goin' band will always hold a special place for me (especially as long as Mr. Anderson is directing)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That makes me want to go...

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post Crap