The current mood of The Great White Nothing

31 uses for cork grease and counting. . .


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from goldfinger288.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

The Best is Yet to Come?

Wow, what a week--the third to last week of school. I'll have to do something drastic to get a good chemistry grade this six weeks. I can drop out experiment grade, and if I do impecibly well, I can swing an A. I hate out English study guide questions that go along with War of the Worlds! They are full of errors and ambiguous questions. Our Cinco de Mayo Spanish party was a near disaster. Tex-Mex food + Stupid Sophomores = nothing good. WE NEED TO WORK ON OUR HISTORY PROJECT!!! I NEED TO WORK ON MY BCIS PROJECTS!!! I can't wait to bid farewell to BCIS (by far the biggest waste of my time since 1st grade.) Band is finally winding down. GO 91 on the state theory qualifier! Something tells me that I got reelected to my band office, and something else tells me that I won't get elected to be on student council. Its nice to finally see some effective band library organization.

A scandal is brewing in Celina High School. A ring of chronic cheaters is being exposed and it could have a dramatic effect on class ranking.

The Band Banquet was the best it has ever been--so intimate, so personal. It was fun and emotional. Some of the emotional sting of the final dismaissal was removed by Becky messing up, however. I'm glad that Becky got the band scholarship and very pleased that Mitchell got the John Phillip Sousa award. Next year we hope for an Italian theme.

I've become more attached to this year's seniors than last years, and I am very sad to see them go. So much just won't be the same, but they're moving on to bigger and better things. As far as band is concerned, it is truly the end of an era.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Why am I always the last person to hear about things. ALWAYS. I mean, you can't even imagine how many times someone comes up to me all angry and yelling, "Why didn't you tell me about ________!", to which I say, "What?! When did that happen?!" Then they still remain mad at me for not telling them, even though I found out after them. That's beside the point, sort of, but I didn't realize there was such a big case of cheating. I mean, I knew people were cheating (someone is always cheating), but I didn't know it was this big. Fill me in some time.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I wasn't aware that the cheating was a huge thing until I heard some accurate rumors. Ask me to tell you about Madi sometime. I am proud of what she is doing.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post Crap