The current mood of The Great White Nothing

31 uses for cork grease and counting. . .


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from goldfinger288.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Oh, What a Night It Was.

The football banquet that is. For those unaware, the football banquet is a night of food and overweight football coaches(who can't get over thier high school football glory days) Who honor Celina's finest with awards and what-not for football season. Included in the festivities are the band, cheerleaders, and drill team (all sooo essential to the football experience). The band, unfortunately, is requred to attend. We hate every minute of it, but this year, it was somehow better. I was giddy as a schoolgirl having consumed mass quantities of sugar less than half an hour prior. We all wrote messages to each other on the gay football poster/placemats set out for everyone. The food was, of course, barbeque and pie with tea--the only entree capable of feeding a room full of good ol' boys. Everyone got these framed team or organization picutes with signatures on them put together by the bobcat moms. I really don't understand why the band has to go. I try to be supportive of our team, but when you know the people on it, its hard to hold the team in a good light. To Julia: I apologize for my rambunctiousness, I could tell you were becoming annoyed, but I couldn't help myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post Crap