The current mood of The Great White Nothing

31 uses for cork grease and counting. . .


This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from goldfinger288.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Welcome to my Life

Today I had to get up early and go to my nephew, Alex's, birthday party. Oh my god, 3 hours with 6 little 5 and 6 year olds--does it sound like fun to you? My sister was in her usual bad mood and she made me capture every last breathtaking moment of the party on camera. I hate children. I'm normally a nice person, but when I get around little kids it makes me want to scream--let's just say that you don't want to leave any sharp objects lying around if Im with your kid. After I got home, I get a call from Tara and Brian, and they tell me that my attendance is required at our booth at the fall festival. I originally was not going to show up because Tara, Keyes, and Brian were going to be there and I figured that was plenty of people to run a washer toss game. But no, I had to be there, and Becky ended up coming for most of it, too. So we were one big happy officer family. It was like too many cooks in the kitchen at that booth, everybody was in everyone else's way. As usual, Keyes did almost nothing (Keyes, if your reading this, don't deny it, you know its true). And since the fall festival is an event for elementary school kids, I was again in the midst of little screaming children--to say that I was not in my element would be a drastic understatement. By the end of the night I was about to strangle this one girl (who was much too old to be at the fall festival) and I was trying my best not to yell to much at Brian's little brother. By the end of the night I couldn't wait to get home. I think we did well, though--we had a lot of kids that played our game, which equals more money for the officers, yeah! Parris--a note on your blog--It is crazy cool, but you need other artists, too. Don't get me wrong, good ol' Kurts a great one, but I seek variety in my blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Post Crap